Being pent up in the coach while on Stay at Home quarantine we were doing some deep cleaning and broke some pieces on our decade-old cooktop. Finding the parts for the old cooktop was possible. However, by the time we would replace everything needed it was just as expensive to just simply replace it.
Our problem was that over the last decade the size of cooktops installed is now slightly larger. Fortunately, Newmar’s construction of the countertop, fortunately, allowed for little wiggle room to get in the new larger cooktops.
Manufacturer: Atwood Mobile Products
Mgf. Part #57483
Mfg. Date: 10/09/2007
Model Number: C-A33BPN
Purchased through Amazon
Suburban 3233A 3 Burner Slide-in Cooktop with Sealed Burner – Porcelain SS w/Piezo Ignition (SCSA3PSZ)
Part Number 3233A
How you install this is not my responsibility. You need to work with your LP Gas system to replace your cooktop.
Steps that I took to do the installation in our 2008 NewMar KountryStar 3916:
- turned off the LP, burned off the residual and disconnected the LP gas line
- removed the old cooktop
- removed approximately 1″ of counter-top material from the back of the cavity
- shaved approximately 1/4″ off of each side of the sides to slide in the cooktop
- removed approximately 3/8″ of wood under the front of the cooktop
- reconnected the LP gas line and tested with a soap/water mixture for leaks
- inserted the AA battery for the lighter by unscrewing the front push button and inserting the battery